27 really feels like a turning point to me. 26 sounds young and carefree, still young enough to be out partying every weekend with 18 year olds and not necessarily have people think that you are old, washed up, and pathetic when they see you in the bar. Somehow 27 seems so different from 26- years older instead of just 12 months. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that my life is about to change so dramatically, perhaps not.
This past year has been an eventful one. I:
- Finished my degree (ok, a little bit more than a year ago)
- I got married
- I moved into the Payroll/AP job at work
- I went to Hawaii for 10 days
- I took an accounting course and got an A+ (boo ya!)
- I got pregnant
I want to take a moment to set some goals for the coming year:
- Lose all the weight I have gained in pregnancy, and more
- Take up running again, working my way to a 5k race in the spring
- Keep our family on a reasonable budget; start a RESP and take advantage of maximum government contributions
- Work towards becoming a certified Doula through DONA
- Be the best mother and wife I can be
When I look to the coming year, it is filled with expectation and hesitation. Perhaps a little bit of anxiety, but more than anything- excitement. About a week ago I was cleaning out a closet and found a box full of all of my old diaries. I couldn’t help but flip through a few of them, and there was one entry I wrote when II was about 15 years old. It read: “There is one thing I am so excited for, and that is to be a mom. It will be wonderful.” And I still feel that way. Only 6 more weeks, and in only 3 weeks I will be considered full term. My biggest dream is coming true this year, so it will be a very eventful year indeed!